- Online begins: Friday, March 22
- Standard/In-person begins: Monday, March 25
- Sign up for the weeks you need or the whole summer at a discounted rate
- Space is limited *maximum of 24 kids per age group
HOW TO REGISTER:
- In Person: Stuart Community Center, 415 Franklin St
- Call In: 717-243-3318
- Go Online:
- Fill out the Contact and Medical Form prior to the start of camp and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or turn in to the Parks & Rec office.
- Print out a Parent Welcome Letter with important information about Summer Day Camp.
- Print out a Day Camp Schedule Overview.
- Pre-Registration is required at least one week in advance
- A $10 late fee will apply if registering after
Monday of the week prior
This full-day, 11 week program is packed full with fun weekly themed games and crafts; pool days every Monday and Friday; movie days on Wednesdays; sports and other challenges; and walking field trips in downtown Carlisle including adventuring at local parks. Campers will make amazing friendships, great memories, and have positive role models. Playground Leaders undergo strict clearances. A detailed brochure is available online and at the office.
WHO: Ages *5-8 years & Ages 9-14 years
*Must have completed Kindergarten.
WHERE: Stuart Community Center, 415 Franklin Street
Week 9 location: Shaffer Park & Cabin 1649 Spring Rd.
WHEN: Monday—Friday, June 3—August 16 (No camp: 7/4)
TIME: 7:30 a.m.—5:30 p.m. (Bring snacks and lunch)
2019 SUMMER THEMES:
Week 1: 6/3—6/7 Summer Kickoff
Week 2: 6/10—6/14 Splish Splash
Week 3: 6/17—6/21 Space is the Place
Week 4: 6/24—6/28 Young Environmentalists
Week 5: 7/1—7/5 A Bug’s Life (No camp: 7/4)
Week 6: 7/8—7/12 Little Scientist
Week 7: 7/15—7/19 Upcycling/Recycling
Week 8: 7/22—7/26 Around the World
Week 9: 7/29—8/2 Gone Campin’ (LOCATION: Shaffer Park & Cabin 1649 Spring Road- no pool/movies)
Week 10: 8/5—8/9 Camp’s Got Talent
Week 11: 8/12—8/16 Rest & Relaxation
COST (per week):
- $109/resident (live in Carlisle Borough or Carlisle Barracks)
- $115/non-resident (live outside the Carlisle Borough- other municipality)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bag or Backpack
- Full water bottle
- Packed lunch
- Pool Gear (Mon/Fri)
- Movies $1 — every Wednesday
- Pool — concession money (optional)
- Ice Cream $ — occasional walking field trip (optional)
- 11 Week Discount — Enroll in all eleven weeks and receive 12% off your total price
- Sibling Discount — Additional children will receive a 5% discount off the weekly rate when siblings register for the same week at the same time. The Sibling Discount will NOT apply to the first child if the “11 Week Discount” applies or online.
- Mondays and Fridays, weather permitting
- Pack a bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, & concession money (optional)
- All campers will be tested on their swimming ability on the first pool day & will be assigned a safety zone necklace
- Non-swimmers will stay with an assigned Playground Leader and wear a life vest when entering the pool
WHAT WE OFFER:
- FUN & FULL-DAY program full of activities
- 11 weeks packed full with exciting weekly themed games & crafts, pool days, movie day, sports & challenges, and walking field trips around beautiful Carlisle including our local parks
- Two separate age groups
5 — 8 years old
9 — 14 years old
- Activities will be geared to the appropriate ages of the children
FLEXIBILITY FOR PARENTS:
- Drop-off children as early as 7:30am
- Pick-up children as late as 5:30pm
REASONS TO ATTEND SUMMER DAY CAMP:
- Playground Leaders and Staff undergo strict clearances
- The Stuart Community Center is a great central location that is close to the pool, parks, etc.
- FREE admission to the Carlisle Community Pool (1236 Franklin St) every Monday and
Friday afternoon, weather permitting
- Campers will make amazing friendships, great memories, and have positive role models