On Saturday, August 18, 2018, Cumberland County is giving its residents a chance to safely get rid of any hazardous materials they may have.
The Household Hazardous Waste drop-off event runs from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the Cumberland County Service Center, located at 310 Allen Road in Carlisle.
Items that will be accepted include:
- Pesticides, insecticides, herbicides and fertilizers
- oil-based paints, stains, varnishes and sealers
- oil-based paint cleaners, thinners and removers
- adhesives, glues, epoxies, caulking and sealants
- gasoline, diesel fuel and kerosene, antifreeze
- car care products
- lubricating sprays
- pool chemicals
- drain cleaners
- degreasers and oven cleaners
- fire extinguishers
- propane cylinders (up to 20 pounds)
- hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid and other acids
- mercury and mercury containing devices
- fluorescent light tubes and bulbs
- automotive batteries.
Items that will NOT be accepted include:
- motor oil
- latex (water-based) paint and paint-related products
- smoke detectors
- household alkaline batteries
- chemically treated lumber
- biological waste
- construction and demolition debris
- bags of cement / mortar
- used absorbent material (i.e. oil-dri)
- cold patch
- household trash
Absolutely no electronics will be accepted. If you have electronics you are looking to recycle, please take them to the county’s electronics recycling center.
This event is open to county residents and small business owners only. For more information, please visit Cumberland County’s website.