Monday, October 15 through Friday, November 16, 2018;
Monday, November 26 through Friday, December 14, 2018.
LEAVES WILL NOT BE COLLECTED ON VETERAN’S DAY OBSERVED (NOVEMBER 12) OR DURING THE WEEK OF THANKSGIVING (NOVEMBER 19-24).
Leaves must be placed at the curb in front of your property, in accordance with the following requirements:
- Only leaves will be collected in paper biodegradable bags.
- Maximum bag weight is fifty pounds each. Bags weighing over fifty pounds will not be collected.
No grass, brush/shrubbery or garden waste will be collected. If these items are placed either separately at the curb or mixed with leaf waste, the items will not be collected.
- Residents may place leaves curbside anytime during the aforementioned schedule. We try to collect the leaves within one week of curb placement. Residents may continue to place leaves curbside during the entire fall leaf collection schedule.
- It is illegal to rake leaves into the street or to burn leaves in the Borough of Carlisle.
- For your convenience, the Borough’s Post Road Compost Facility will be open until December 15, 2018 for leaf drop off. The hours of operation shall be:
- Wednesday: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Saturday: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
The Compost Facility is closed all Federal Holidays.