Mandatory Mask Order Information
The Borough has received questions about the mandatory mask order issued on July 1, 2020 and how it will be enforced. Section 2 of the order details when a mask must be worn, while Section 3 discusses exemptions to the order. The complete order may be viewed here: https://www.governor.pa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/20200701-SOH-Universal-Face-Coverings-Order.pdf .
The Borough will follow the enforcement guidance provided by the Cumberland County District Attorney’s Office.
- Business Owners are to enforce the policy by asking any employee or patron of their business who enters without a mask to leave and return when they have a mask.
- If an individual will not comply, the business owner may call the police to investigate.
- Upon arrival, the police may ask the individual to leave the premise and return once wearing a mask. If the individual refuses to leave, the police may issue a summary defiant trespass citation.
- Customers of a business who observe individuals not following the mask order should bring their concerns forward directly to the business owner or manager.
- Restaurant regulations differ. Individuals must wear masks when entering, walking through, and leaving. Masks may be removed while seated.