More Halloween Safety Tips!
Previously, we provided you with guidelines on trick-or-treating safely in regards to COVID-19. You can view those tips here: https://www.carlislepa.org/news_detail_T29_R176.php.
Here are some more general safety tips to keep your little ghouls and goblins safe!
- Avoid over-sized costumes and shoes that can cause a child to trip.
- Carry a flashlight or glow stick to increase visibility.
- Use reflective tape on costumes and candy bags.
- Have a plan. Review your Trick or Treat route before you begin.
- Stay in neighborhoods you are familiar with.
- Always trick-or-treat with a trusted adult.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
- Always obey traffic signals when crossing the street. Always cross at crosswalks if possible.
- Avoid distractions and watch where you're going.
Tips for Motorists:
- Slow down! Drive at least 5mph below the speed limit.
- Carefully exit and enter driveways and alleys
- Look for children crossing the street. They may not be paying attention to traffic and cross the street mid-block or between parked cars.