Heat Advisory for July 7
We are under a heat advisory today from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Heat index values could reach 100 degrees or higher.
If you need a place to cool off, the Bosler Memorial Library continues to be a cooling center.
The Carlisle Community Pool is another great place to cool off! They open at noon.
Several of our parks also offer spray pools as a quick way to cool off in the heat. They are located at Biddle Mission Park, 311 East North Street; LeTort Park, 260 East Pomfret Street; and Memorial Park, 149 West Penn Street.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health has some great tips to help you beat the heat. Number one? Hydrate! Drink plenty of water and don't wait to drink until you are thirsty! Other good ideas include:
- Avoid drinks with caffeine, alcohol, or large amounts of sugar
- Stay indoors in air conditioning as much as possible
- Limit outdoor activity and rest often in the shade
- Check on those who may be more at risk from high temperatures.
- Wear light-colored and loose fitting clothing, a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen
- Never leave your children or pets in a vehicle
- Know the symptoms of heat stroke and exhaustion