Now Accepting Outside Agency Submissions
The Borough of Carlisle is now accepting applications for Outside Agency Funding. As part of the annual budget process, Borough Council considers funding requests from organizations that want to improve Carlisle. All applications must be received by September 30, 2023. This year, there are several changes to the guidelines and process.
Borough Council began discussions in July of this year to revamp the existing guidelines to ensure the funds provide the most benefit possible to the community. At its August Meeting, Borough Council approved the following changes to the Outside Agency Funding process:
- Increase in annual funding from $10,000 to $20,000
- Offer funding twice a year, with applications due March 31 and September 30 for fall.
- Limit funding to $2,000/organization
- Updated selection criteria
- Added application form that includes required completion of six questions
- Requires awarded organizations to provide a statement of 500 words or less within a year of funding that describes how funds were expended and the impact of the funding. This information may be highlighted on the Borough’s website and social media platforms.
Applicants wishing to apply to receive Outside Agency Funding must demonstrate that the funds will be used for one or more of the following areas:
- Community Beautification: Funds may be used to beautify a particular area of Carlisle Borough. Examples could include planting along a block, neighborhood cleanups, vehicle rental for bulk cleanup, planting of trees, etc.
- Social Programs and Services: Funds may be used to support programs and services that improve the quality of life of residents.
- Support of Community Activities: Funds may be used to organize or support community events, including purchasing materials or supplies needed for such events.
- Education: Funds may be used to support educational opportunities.
Other objectives for consideration include the overall impact of the program, project, or mission on the Carlisle community and how well it aligns with Borough goals and plans.
If you or your organization wish to apply for Outside Agency Funding, please fill out the application located on our website at https://www.carlislepa.org/outsideagency. You can also request a copy of the application by e-mailing Joyce Stone, the Borough Secretary at email@example.com or calling 717-240-6920. Completed applications should be sent to:
Applications must be submitted by September 30, 2023. Applicants will be required to attend the October 4 Workshop meeting to present their submissions. Once approved, the Borough will notify recipients and funds will be dispersed.