This program features fun weekly themed games and crafts; pool days every Monday and Friday; sports and other challenges; and walking field trips. Campers will make amazing friendships, great memories, and have positive role models. Playground Leaders undergo strict clearances. *A $FREE breakfast program is available at this playground program. Must bring snacks and lunch.
Memorial Park Flyer
Memorial Park 2020 Parent Handbook
Memorial Park 2020 Emergency Information Form
Memorial Park 2020 Schedule Overview
WHO: Grades 1st – 5th
*Borough of Carlisle residents only.
WHERE: Memorial Park, 149 W. Penn Street
WHEN: **Weeks 1-4 have been canceled. The new tentative start date is June 29.**
Monday—Friday, June 29—August 21 (No camp: 7/3)
*No playground on Friday, July 3 due to the holiday or Thursday, July 2 due to the Peanut Carnival taking place; campers are encouraged to attend the carnival at LeTort Park from 10am-12pm.
2020 SUMMER THEMES:
Week 1: 6/1—6/5 Summer Kickoff
Week 2: 6/8—6/12 Mix It Altogether
Week 3: 6/15—6/19 Under the Sea
Week 4: 6/22—6/26 Mad Scientist
Week 5: 6/29—7/2 Hollywood/Talent (No camp 7/3)
Week 6: 7/6—7/10 Incredible Insects, Curious Critters
Week 7: 7/13—7/17 Olympics
Week 8: 7/20—7/24 Rest & Relaxation
TIME: 9:00 a.m.—3:00 p.m. Monday and Friday; 9:00 a.m. —1:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
COST: $5/person (per week) Borough residents only
**Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, registration for this program is currently paused. Please check back soon for updates.**
- Online begins: Friday, March 27
- Standard/In-person begins: Monday, March 30
- Sign up for the weeks you need
HOW TO REGISTER:
- In Person: Stuart Community Center, 415 Franklin St
- Call In: 717-243-3318
- Go Online:
- Registration will close each Friday @ 12:00 p.m. for the following week.
- NO transfers less than one week prior to the start of camp.
- NO refunds, but you may transfer from one week to another.
- Space is limited *maximum of 24 kids
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable play clothes
- Water bottle with water
- Packed lunch/snacks
- Wear sneakers
- Sunscreen/sun protection
- Movies $1 — occasional Wednesday
- Pool — vending money (optional)
- Ice Cream $ — occasional walking field trip (optional)
- Mondays and Fridays, weather permitting
- Pack a bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, & concession money (optional)
- All campers will be tested on their swimming ability on the first pool day & will be assigned a safety zone necklace
- Non-swimmers will stay with an assigned Playground Leader and wear a life vest when entering the pool
- If your child requires an aide (TSS/BSC) during the school year, please contact Knajdek@carlislepa.org to discuss an aide attending camp with your child.