Building Permit Information
Lead Based Paint
For any proposed addition, demolition, renovation, repair and painting for buildings (likely pre 1978), which may include lead paint and dust you will be required by Federal / State law to ensure that contractors are fully certified and trained to deal with and dispose of this hazardous material. The Borough DOES NOT administer, regulate or verify compliance with this program. All calls / questions should be directed to:
PA Department of Labor & Industry
Certification, Accreditation & Licensing Division
651 Boas Street, Room 1623
Harrisburg, PA 17121
*Please Note: PA Uniform Construction Code Updates Take Effect October 1, 2018*
- The 2015 editions of the International Codes adopted by UCC regulations, as modified by the PA UCC RAC, are now to be used for construction project design, plan review, and inspection purposes.
- If your project was under contract for design or construction before October 1, 2018, you may submit plans and specifications based upon 2009 ICC Codes with your permit application through March 31, 2019 if accompanied by an executed copy of your contract.
- The PA DCED Industrialized Housing Program regulatory update is lagging behind the PA DLI UCC update, so production of new industrialized (modular) homes utilizing 2015 ICC Codes will not take effect until April 1, 2019.
- 2018 IBC regulations for accessibility are expected to become effective December 31, 2018.
- You can view copies of the International Codes documents here: https://codes.iccsafe.org/public/collections/PA