Winter Safety Tips
Half of home heating fires are reported during the months of December, January, and February.
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from heating equipment.
- Create a three-foot "kid-free" zone around open fires and space heaters.
- Never use your oven to heat your home!
- Have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment, water heaters, or central heating equipment according to codes and manufacturer's instructions.
- Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed.
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month!
Keep it Clear!
During winter weather, please do us a favor and keep the area around fire hydrants clear of snow and ice. Keep the snow and ice three feet away from fire hydrants so that firefighters can get to them quickly to protect people and property!