PHONE: In-Season (717) 240-6957, Off-Season (717) 243-3318
Welcome to the Carlisle Community Pool
CLOSED FOR THE 2022 POOL SEASON:
Opening Day: Memorial Day Weekend: Saturday, May 28 -- Labor Day Weekend: Monday, September 5, 2022
*Closed weekdays while Carlisle Area School District is in session 8/22-8/26 and 8/29-9/2
HOURS OF OPERATION:
12 – 7 PM: Sunday – Thursday
11 – 6 PM: Friday – Saturday
The Carlisle Community Pool is a 3-acre park which offers a large “z-shape” main pool 3′-12′ deep with a newly renovated 20 foot tall twisting water slide, Aqua Climb wall, lap swimming area, and diving board; two large shade shelters; and grass space for activities and sunbathing. We also have a separate fenced in wading pool 0-1.5 feet deep for small children. The wading pool includes a tea cup water feature, built-in bench and small shade umbrella. The recreational area includes a lighted pavilion with 8 picnic tables, 2 charcoal grills, basketball, grass volleyball, and 3 shuffleboard courts.
Seasonal memberships, daily admissions, discounted group rates, private and public pool parties, vending food and drink options, swim diapers, and daily lap swimming are available.
BANNER SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM:
The Carlisle Community Pool has served the local community since 1968. Dive in and support the pool for the upcoming season! Your sponsorship will make a difference! Picture your organization's name on the Welcome Banner on the front of the building, your advertising on a Fence Banner inside the pool grounds, or your logo on a Light Post Banner for all pool patrons to see. Contact Kristin for more information email@example.com or call (717) 240-6952.
- Gold Sponsor (only one available): $1,200 Welcome Banner
- Silver Sponsors: $600 Fence Banner
- Bronze Sponsors: $400 Light Post Banner
Thank you 2022 CCP Sponsors
Gold Sponsor: UPMC
Silver Sponsor: Surro Connection
Bronze Sponsor: Carlisle Regional Special Police
2022 DAILY RATES:
Carlisle Borough residents please have your photo ID or proof of residency ready when you arrive at the front desk to get the discounted admission rate. Otherwise, you will be charged the non-resident rate.
|DAILY ADMISSION||RESIDENT||NON -RESIDENT|
|Pre-School (Ages 2 & under)||FREE||FREE|
|Child (Ages 3-17 years), Senior (Ages 55 years & up) & Military||$6.00||$9.00|
|Adult (Ages 18-54 years)||$8.00||$12.00|
Sun-Thur: after 5 PM & Fri-Sat: after 4 PM
- Take advantage of our Pool Member benefits including discounted daily guest rate (limit one guest per member per day), discounted pool rental rates, free pavilion reservations, and quick entry into the pool.
- Memberships are sold at the Stuart Community Center and are NOT available to purchase online or at the pool.
- All memberships need to be purchased annually.
- Proof of residency and date of birth is required at the time of purchase.
- Anyone giving false information to obtain a season pool pass will have pool privileges suspended.
- Scan your membership card at the front desk when entering the pool (just once per day).
- Please remember your card when entering the pool facility. You may forget your card no more than 3 times before you are required to pay the $5.00 replacement fee.
- Family Pass = persons residing in the same household including no more than two adults. Children = 3-21 years.
- If your child will turn 3 (on or before July 1), they WILL need a pool pass. Children 2 years and under are free and do NOT need a pool pass.
- Family Add-On = a person who lives outside of the household or a third adult such as a grandparent, nanny, babysitter, etc. No more than one add-on per family membership. *Not available on individual memberships.
- If you make changes to your membership after the initial purchase, an additional fee will be charged.
- Cards should be kept from year to year. If your season pass is lost or damaged, or you forget to bring your card more than 3 times, you will need to pay $5.00 for a replacement.
- When a member brings a guest, the discounted daily admission rate applies to the guest. Limited to one guest per member, present that day.
PHOTO ID PASSES:
- We MUST have your picture on your account before activating your pool pass.
- Photos can be taken at the Stuart Community Center or you can email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend completing this process at the Community Center before the pool season begins.
GENERAL FACILITY RULES:
- Carlisle Borough residents must show proof of ID and residency at the front desk to get the discounted daily rate.
- Anyone who wishes to enter the pool complex including non-swimmers/chaperones must pay the admission fee.
- Age requirement: Children 12 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a supervisor 18 years of age or older who will accept the responsibility for the safety and conduct of the child for the entire length of their visit. Anyone caught leaving a minor at the facility unattended will have their pool privileges revoked.
- Proper swim attire is required. No jeans, bras, underwear, socks or street shoes in the water.
- Regular diapers are prohibited. Swim diapers that fit snugly around the legs and waist or incontinence swimwear are required. Swim diapers may be available to purchase at the front desk $2/each.
- All non-swimmers should be in a US Coast Guard approved flotation device. If you need to borrow a lifejacket ask at the front desk. The pool's lifejackets are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Prohibited: smoking/tobacco/e-cigs, alcohol/drugs, weapons, glass, and animals. You may smoke in your vehicle or on the sidewalk where a receptacle has been placed for your convenience.
- No horseplay (running, pushing, "chicken", dunking, roughhousing, etc.).
- No profane, crude, obscene language or lewd behavior.
- The ADA ramp into the main pool and shallow end steps are for entering and exiting the water. Do not block the steps, play on the ramp, and on or swim through the railings.
- 15 Minute Adult Swims - all children under the age of 18 must exit the water. These are conducted daily to conduct water safety checks and promote bathroom breaks. Only children under 5 are permitted to be in the pool accompanied by their adult over the age of 18.
- No breath holding for long periods of time under water.
- Outside food/beverages, coolers, lawn chairs, and shade tents (that are staked to the ground for safety) are permitted.
- Flotation devices, soft type balls and other water toys are permitted, at the manager’s discretion, when the pool is not crowded.
- Flotation devices (rafts, inner tubes, noodles, etc.) are not permitted past the lane lines, but may be used in water less than five feet deep.
- Please watch your children. It is critical that parents/guardians/adults actively supervise their weak and non-swimming children.
- Disobeying, disrespecting and harrassing pool staff WILL NOT be tolerated. Disciplinary actions will be taken.
- Uncooperative patrons will be asked to leave immediately. Disciplinary actions will be taken.
- Children may not be unattended in the wading pool area, and must be supervised by a responsible person.
- Look to the nearest Lifeguard when you hear a whistle blast.
- Do not distract the Lifeguards on duty around the pool deck, unless it is an emergency. If you have a question or concern, please speak to the Manager on duty or see the staff at the front desk.
- No chains, buckles, goggles, buckles, or anything hard that could damage the slide.
- Form a single file line and wait until it is your turn.
- Pool staff at the top of the slide will indicate to you when it is safe for you to go.
- One person on the waterslide at a time. No doubles, lap sitting or trains.
- No standing, kneeling, rotating, or stopping on the slide, and patrons must slide and enter the pool feet-first.
- No waiting, standing or swimming in the roped off "Landing Zone".
- Promptly exit the landing zone at the end of the ride.
AQUA CLIMB WALL RULES:
- Non-swimmers and flotation devices are prohibited.
- Only one climber at a time in the “Drop Zone” below the wall.
- No flips or twists of any kind. Feet-first entry only.
- For your own safety, patrons must use the handgrips to climb, not the sides of the wall.
- No hanging from the glass board at the top.
- One attempt per climber. Once you fall, promptly exit the area and head to the back of the line.
- No waiting, standing or swimming in the roped off "Landing Zone".
DIVING BOARD RULES:
- Non-swimmers and weak swimmers must wear a US Coast Guard approved flotation device.
- The weight capacity for the diving board is 250 lbs.
- Only one person permitted on the diving board at a time.
- Patrons may NOT enter the water backwards or sideways.
- After diving, please exit the diving area in a timely manner.
- Do not enter the diving well by any other means other than from the diving area.
LANE LINES / LAP SWIMMING:
- Non-swimmers and life jackets are prohibited.
- You must be able to swim the length of the pool to swim laps
- Proper lap swimming etiquette is required. When there are more than two people in a lane, circle swimming is required. Stay to the right side of the lane. Stop only at the wall.
- Do not swim under or hang on the lane lines.
- Daily admission or season pool pass required to lap swim.
During the season the pool may close if one or more of the following occurs:
- Inclement weather.
- Unforeseen emergency/maintenance/staffing issues.
- In the event of thunder and/or lightning while the pool is open, swimmers will be required to remain clear of the pool and sidewalks for 30 minutes after the last sighting of lightning or clap of thunder.
- Rain checks may be issued when the facility must be closed due to storm or emergency. They will only be issued to those admitted within 30 minutes of the closure.
For inclement weather closings and cancellations follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/carlislecommunitypool/. If the weather is questionable you may call the pool prior to visiting (717) 240-6957.