Frequently Asked Questions
Parks and Recreation's Frequently Asked Questions
415 Franklin Street
Carlisle, PA 17013
Monday - Friday
- Click here to view open activities, and register online.
- Call (717) 243-3318 with your credit card information.
- Stop by the Parks & Rec office at the Stuart Community Center, 415 Franklin Street in Carlisle between 8am and 5pm, Monday - Friday. We accept cash, credit or personal checks.
The Stuart Community Center gymnasium and multi-purpose rooms are available for rental Monday – Saturday 8am to 11pm and Sunday 12pm to 11pm. Call (717) 243-3318 for information and rates.
Stuart Community Center Rental Handout
Pavilion, Cabin and Pool Rental Handout
1236 Franklin Street
Carlisle, PA 17013
Sunday - Thursday, 12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday, 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Visit the Carlisle Community Pool page for more information.
RECRUITING NEW PROGRAM INSTRUCTORS
If you have a new program idea we’d love to hear about it. For more information click on the “Program Proposal Form” at the bottom of the page. Staff will contact you once your proposal has been received. This application is the first step in the process, and does not guarantee that your idea will be offered. Clearances are required. Thank you for your interest! Program Proposal Form
The use of metal detection devices are permitted in Carlisle Borough parks under the following conditions:
- The activity does not conflict with other visitors to the park or disturb lawn or turf areas, rare or fragile plant or animal habitats, or archeological or natural resource-sensitive areas.
- All disturbed areas must be restored to their original state.
- Any artifacts which may have historical or archeological significance are the property of the Carlisle Borough and shall be surrendered immediately to the Department of Parks and Recreation. If discovered to be of no archaeological value, items will be returned to the finder.
- No specific permit is required at this time.