Parks & Facilities
Parks & Facility Directory
General Park Information
- Parks Hours: Dawn to Dusk
- Dogs are permitted (except Memorial Park) with a 6-foot leash and a pooper scooper. FINE = $300.
- All Carlisle Borough properties are alcohol and tobacco-free. This includes parks, facility entrances and parking lots.
- No commercial tents, inflatables/bounce houses, fireworks, pony rides, yard sales, paper lanterns, fire pits, game trucks or gambling.
- Metal detecting is recognized as a legitimate recreation activity when it is conducted in ways that do not damage the natural and cultural resources in Carlisle Borough parks. For more details on appropriate usage scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Please report any suspicious or unlawful activity to police immediately. Call 911.
- Click HERE for a PDF of the parks and amenities.
- Reservations can be made by stopping in or by calling the office at (717) 243-3318 with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover).
- Reservations are required for all facilities, park and pavilion usage, and should be made at least one week in advance.
- Full payment must be made at the time of reservation.
- You must include your set-up and clean-up time in the hours you reserve.
- Renting the facilities to make a profit is NOT permitted.
- Fundraising activities may be permitted only with prior approval by the Parks and Rec Director.
- Tobacco products and alcohol are PROHIBITED. Violators are subject to fines up to $1,000.
- At the completion of your activity, the facility must be clean and free of debris. Please dispose of trash properly.
- Cancellation of a rental must be made during normal business hours, at least 7 days prior to the date reserved. Rental fees will be refunded, minus a 10% administrative fee.
- Gym and Stage, Kitchen, Meeting/Multi-purpose Room Rentals
- Full-Day Cabin Rental
- Pavilion Rental, Public and Private Pool Parties
There are 12 parks in the Carlisle Borough that are adopted by all different organizations that help keep the parks clean. If you are interested in Adopting a Park call (717) 243-3318 for more information.
Use of Metal Detection Devices in Carlisle Borough Parks
Metal detecting is recognized as a legitimate recreation activity when it is conducted in ways that do not damage the natural and cultural resources in Carlisle Borough parks.
The use of metal detection devices are permitted in Carlisle Borough parks under the following conditions:
- The activity does not conflict with other visitors to the park or disturb lawn or turf areas, rare or fragile plant or animal habitats, or archeological or natural resource-sensitive areas.
- All disturbed areas must be restored to their original state.
- Any artifacts which may have historical or archeological significance are the property of the Carlisle Borough and shall be surrendered immediately to the Department of Parks and Recreation. If discovered to be of no archaeological value, items will be returned to the finder.
- No specific permit is required at this time.