1649 Carlisle Springs Road
Carlisle, PA 17013
Available Hours: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM Daily
Seating Capacity: 60 People
Shaffer Cabin is a rental facility that consists of a great room, sun porch, kitchen, rest rooms, and a storage room. The kitchen includes a refrigerator, stove, sink, and microwave oven. Renters must provide their own cookware, utensils, and dish towels. There is also a covered porch and breezeway, picnic tables, and a large grassy area.
In the fall of 2017, the Parks and Recreation department fully renovated Shaffer Cabin, installed a new heating and air conditioning system and adapted the facility for ADA accessibility.
- Reservations are on a first-come basis and must be made at least a week in advance.
- Payment of the $175 rental fee is required at the time of reservations. We accept cash, check, credit or debit card.
- A $200 cash security deposit is also due at the time of reservation, held until after the rental and cabin inspection.
- 2021 Shaffer Cabin Rental Applications must be submitted in person at Carlisle Parks and Recreation.
- Cancellations must be made at least one week prior to the rental date in order to receive a refund. Refunds are subject to a 10% administrative fee.
No alcohol, tobacco, or vaping. Parks and Recreation facilities may not be used for profit-making purposes. Fundraising activities may be permitted only with prior approval of the Parks and Recreation Director. No inflatables/bounce houses, open burning (including fire pits), fireworks, paper lanterns, pets, pony rides, game trucks, or gambling.