**COVID-19 Update: 7/16/2020: Reservations will be accepted in the green phase, but capacity is limited to 24 people. Self-screening, face masks, and social distancing are required.**
1649 Carlisle Springs Road
Carlisle, PA 17013
Available Hours: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM Daily
Seating Capacity: 60 People
Shaffer Cabin is a rental facility that consists of a great room, sun porch, kitchen, rest rooms, and a storage room. The kitchen includes a refrigerator, stove, sink, and microwave oven. Renters must provide their own cookware, utensils, and dish towels. There is also a covered porch and breezeway, picnic tables, and a large grassy area.
In the fall of 2017, the Parks and Recreation department fully renovated Shaffer Cabin, installed a new heating and air conditioning system and adapted the facility for ADA accessibility.
- Reservations are on a first-come basis and must be made at least a week in advance.
- Cancellations must be made at least one week prior to the rental date in order to receive a refund. Refunds are subject to a 10% administrative fee.
- Payment of the $130 rental fee is required at the time of reservations. We accept cash, check, credit or debit card.
- A $100 security deposit is also due at the time of reservation. This must be a separate payment as it will be held until after the rental and cabin inspection.
- Rental applications must be submitted in person at Carlisle Parks and Recreation.
No alcohol, tobacco, or vaping. Parks and Recreation facilities may not be used for profit-making purposes. Fundraising activities may be permitted only with prior approval of the Parks and Recreation Director. No inflatables, open burning (including fire pits), fireworks, paper lanterns, pets, pony rides, game trucks, or gambling.