Sports and Leagues
We offer a variety of recreational sports and leagues throughout the year for all ages. For more information regarding the sports & leagues, please call (717) 240-6953 or email email@example.com
Volleyball Tournament Registration Form
Register for the upcoming INDOOR 6v6 VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT! Join us for our first tourney at the Stuart Community Center.
HOW TO REGISTER: Registration forms are available to download online (CLICK Volleyball Tournament Registration Form) or pick up a copy at the Stuart Community Center. First come, first serve basis. Return the form with payment in full between 8:00am-5:00pm at the Parks and Rec office (415 Franklin St), mail form with check, or email form in and call with credit card info. Register by Friday, April 3, 2020.
WHEN: Saturday, April 18, 2020
7:00-7:40AM Check in/ Warm-Up
*Team MUST check in together, all players MUST sign Carlisle Parks and Recreation’s Hold Harmless Agreement. Please do not make any changes to your submitted roster at check-ins. Additional players and change of players will not be accepted, and each participant may only play on one team.
7:45AM Team Captain’s Meeting – ALL captain’s MUST be present.
8:00AM Games Begin!
Once the round robin is complete, all teams will move on to a single elimination playoff bracket. The team seeded first will have a bye. Each match will consist of 3 games. Teams must have 2 females on the court at all times. If a team has to play with less than six players, at least two females, and two, no more than three, males may be present.
LOCATION: Stuart Community Center, 415 Franklin Street, Carlisle, PA 17013
DIVISIONS: A, B *men’s height
TEAMS: Co-Ed for ages 18+, up to 8 players per team on roster, minimum of 4 players on court, no fewer than 2 female players on court at all times. Max of 6 teams will be accepted per division.
RULES: USVBA rules, rally scoring (5-6 teams) -- 2 games to 25. If 4 teams, -- 2 games to 25, 1 game to 15, Refs supplied by working team rotation (teams must stay until the end of the tournament to ref)
REFFING: Refs supplied by working team rotation- 1 ref up, 1 ref down, 2 line judges, 2 book keepers.
T-SHIRTS FOR SALE: Cost & design TBD. The shirts will be first come first serve, as there will be limited sizes and quantities!
QUESTIONS? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-240-6953.
ADULT SPORTS AND LEAGUES:
- Pickleball – two courts are lined and available at LeTort Park.
- Pickleball Open Gym @ the Stuart Community Center (Winter-Spring)
- Pickleball Lessons/Clinics (Beginner-Intermediate) are offered year round, @ Letort Park (Spring-Summer) & the Stuart Community Center (Fall-Winter)
- Men’s USA Slowpitch Softball League – Mooreland Athletic Area softball field & Valley Meadows softball field. League runs May-August, practices in April. Interest Meeting held in January. Captain’s Meeting held in March. Women are allowed to play in this league.
- Fall Softball League (co-ed) – LeTort Park softball field. Register in August. League runs September- October.
- Soccer Open Gym – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12-1pm pick-up games starting at the end of October – mid April.
- Men’s Quads Volleyball League (1 division or A/ B Divisions) – Leagues runs end of October-March. Thursday nights 6:00/7:00/8:00/9:00 p.m. game times. Captain’s Meeting in September.
- Women’s Sixes Volleyball League (A and B Divisions) – Leagues run mid-November- March/April. B league: Monday nights, A league: Tuesday nights 6:00/7:00/8:00/9:00 p.m. game times. Captain’s Meeting in October.
- Carlisle Fencing Club (co-ed ages 8+) – Meet Friday evenings 7:30 - 9pm. Experience required. Pre-registration is required monthly to join the CFC.
- Intro to Fencing (co-ed ages 8+) – 9 week sessions offered in the winter/spring and fall.
- Tennis Lessons (co-ed ages 6-16) – Wednesday or Saturday Sessions available in the spring, and fall. Camp style lessons in the summer.
- Soccer Shots (co-ed ages 2-8) – To register: Soccer Shots Harrisburg
- Carlisle Fencing Club (co-ed ages 8+) – Pre-registration is required monthly to join the CFC. Please register a week in advance.
- Intro to Fencing (co-ed ages 8+) – 8 week sessions offered in the spring and fall.
- Volleyball Officials are needed Tuesday evenings from November 12 through mid-April. Pay starts at $14/match. Fill out an application and return it to the Stuart Community Center, 415 Franklin Street.