Check out Carlisle Parks and Recreation's 2021 Summer Day Camp! This 11-week, full-day camp is packed full with fun weekly themed games and crafts; sports and other challenges; and walking field trips in downtown Carlisle including adventuring at local parks, and trips to the Carlisle Community Pool every Monday and Friday. Campers will make amazing friendships, great memories, and have positive role models. Playground Leaders undergo strict clearances.
IS OUR CAMP THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOUR CHILD:
Camp Type: Traditional — wide variety of activities, chance for campers to try new activities, exposure to more campers and staff at varying activities
- Staff might not be as trained with the skills for your child’s challenges as a special needs or specialty camp.
- Themed activities/crafts, games, walking field trips, swimming, free play
- In order for your child to succeed in our camp, he/she must be able to:
- follow directions
- use bathroom independently
- ability to keep pace with group on walking field trips (up to two miles round trip)
*If your child does require 1v1 assistance, we ask that an aide attends camp with your child (see below).
WHO: Ages *5-14 years
*Must have completed Kindergarten.
WHERE: Held @ the Stuart Community Center, 415 Franklin St
WHEN: Monday—Friday, June 14—August 27, 2021
TIME: 8:00 a.m.—4:00 p.m. (Bring snacks and lunch)
+ Extended Hours: early AM = 7:30 - 8:00 a.m. and late PM = 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
COST (per week):
- $140/resident (live in Carlisle Borough or Carlisle Barracks)
- $154/non-resident (live outside the Carlisle Borough - other municipality)
- + Extended Hours: $5/early AM, and/or $15/late PM
REGISTRATION: Registration opens Friday, April 2nd ONLINE and Monday, April 5th IN PERSON/OVER THE PHONE
- Call in: (717) 243-3318
- Go online: www.CarlislePA.org/REGISTER
- Space is limited each week
- Sign up for one week, multiple weeks, or all 11 weeks
- Registration is required at least one week in advance (Monday of the week prior)
- Registration closes Friday @ 12:00 p.m. of the week prior
- NO transfers/refunds less than one week prior to the start of camp
- A $10 late fee will apply if registering after Monday of the week prior
REQUIRED FORMS: *These forms must be returned two weeks prior to your child attending Summer Day Camp.
- *Emergency Information Form
- *Waiver & Release
- Download a PARENT HANDBOOK for all Summer Day Camp information
DROP OFF/PICK UP:
- Drop-off children from 8:00 - 8:15 a.m.
- Pick-up children from 3:45 - 4:00 p.m.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Reusable water bottle
- Packed lunch/snacks
- Wear sneakers
- Sunscreen / sun protection
- If your child requires an aide (TSS/BSC) during the school year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss an aide attending camp with your child.
Summer Day Camp QUESTIONS?
Kelsey Najdek, Recreation Assistant