Summer Day Camp Parent Packet
This 7-week, full-day camp is packed full with fun weekly themed games and crafts; sports and other challenges; and walking field trips in downtown Carlisle including adventuring at local parks. Campers will make amazing friendships, great memories, and have positive role models. Playground Leaders undergo strict clearances.
WHO: Ages *5-14 years
*Must have completed Kindergarten.
WHERE: Weeks 1 and 2 (July 6 – July 17) held @ Shaffer Cabin, 1649 Spring Rd
Weeks 3 - 7 (July 20 - August 21) held @ the Stuart Community Center, 415 Franklin St
WHEN: Monday—Friday, July 6—August 21
TIME: 8:00 a.m.—3:00 p.m. (Bring snacks and lunch)
COST (per week):
- $75/resident (live in Carlisle Borough or Carlisle Barracks)
- $82/non-resident (live outside the Carlisle Borough - other municipality)
REGISTRATION: Registration opens Wednesday, June 17th.
The Emergency Information Form (Appendix 2) must be returned 2 weeks prior to your child attending the program. Forms are required in advance in order for your child to attend camp.
- Space is limited each week
- Sign up for one week, multiple weeks, or all 7 weeks
- Registration is required at least one week in advance (Monday of the week prior)
- Registration closes Friday @ 12:00pm of the week prior
- NO transfers/refunds less than one week prior to the start of camp
- Space is limited
- A $10 late fee will apply if registering after Monday of the week prior
- Registration closes Friday @ 12 PM of week prior
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Call In: 717-243-3318
- Go Online:
DROP OFF/PICK UP:
- Drop-off children from 8:00 - 8:30 a.m.
- Pick-up children from 2:30 - 3:00 p.m.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Reusable water bottle
- Packed lunch/snacks
- Wear sneakers
- Sunscreen / sun protection
REASONS TO ATTEND SUMMER DAY CAMP:
- Playground Leaders and Staff undergo strict clearances
- The Stuart Community Center is a great central location that is close to the pool, parks, etc.
- Campers will make amazing friendships, great memories, and have positive role models
IS OUR CAMP THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOUR CHILD:
Camp Type: Traditional — wide variety of activities, chance for campers to try new activities, exposure to more campers and staff at varying activities
- Staff might not be as trained with the skills for your child’s challenges as a special needs or specialty camp.
- Themed activities/crafts, games, walking field trips, swimming, free play
- In order for your child to succeed in our camp, he/she must be able to:
- follow directions
- use bathroom independently
- ability to keep pace with group on walking field trips (up to 2 miles round trip)
*If your child does require 1v1 assistance, we ask that an aide attends camp with your child (see below).
- If your child requires an aide (TSS/BSC) during the school year, please contact Knajdek@carlislepa.org to discuss an aide attending camp with your child.
QUESTIONS regarding Summer Day Camp? Contact Kelsey @ 717-240-6953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org