Short-term meters are currently being enforced. The gold, long-term meters remain free until further notice.
Did you ever notice there are two different colors of meters located downtown? Silver and Gold. The silver meters are short-term, smart meters. They accept credit cards, cash (nickels, dimes, quarters) and payment by the Passport App, but have a maximum time limit of 2 hours. They are placed approximately within a 2 block area from the square, which is considered the busiest section of Downtown Carlisle. These meters are designed for quick stays. The gold meters are long-term meters. They are placed a little further away from the square. These meters only accept quarters but have a maximum time limit of 10 hours. They are designed for individuals who work downtown or will be visiting for the entire day.
- Push the green OK button to activate the 15 free minutes.
- Coin Payment: Insert each coin into the coin slot
- $.05 = 4 minutes
- $.10 = 8 minutes
- $.15=12 minutes
- $.35 = 28 minutes
- $.75=1 hour
- Credit Card Payment: Insert and remove your card. Next, use the + and – buttons to select the amount of time. The cost will be displayed underneath the time. Press the green OK button to complete your transaction or the red Cancel button to stop your transaction. After 35 seconds, the meter will process the payment shown on the screen if neither button is pushed. Rates are $1.15/hour, with a one-hour minimum.
- Passport Parking App: Login, enter the zone and space number, and pay.
- Turn knob or push button to receive 15 minutes free ( as long as meter shows 0:00)
- Insert one coin, turn knob or push button, then insert next coin
- $.25 = 60 minutes
Should you experience problems with a parking meter, it is important you contact the Borough of Carlisle immediately at 717-249-4422. Please do not assume we are aware of the issue and please do not wait until after you receive a ticket to report a problem.