Spot a Pothole?

If you spot a pothole on a Borough-maintained street, please contact our Public Works Department at 717-240-1238. Please leave a message with the location of the pothole. Be as specific as you can when giving the location. You can also use the "Report An Issue" button at the top of our website to report potholes.

This contact information is for potholes on Borough maintained roads ONLY! If you spot a pothole on any state-owned road*, including Hanover or High Streets, you will need to contact PennDOT at 1-800-FIX-ROAD or file a report online:

*State-owned roads in the Borough include: 
  • Allen Road
  • B Street from North College to Borough Line
  • Carlisle Springs Road
  • College Street from B Street to Walnut Bottom Road
  • Hanover Street
  • High Street
  • East North Street
  • Ritner Highway
  • Walnut Bottom Road
  • West Willow Street
How does a pothole get filled? Watch as our crews walk us through the process!
Carlisle Borough Committed to Excellence in Community Service
Carlisle Borough 53 West South Street 717-249-4422 Mon-Fri: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM